A collection of Cinco de Mayo events in DC this weekend will be a good opportunity to wear my floral top and reminisce, and now that I’m all grown up, drink!
- Espita Mezcaleria in the Shaw celebrates Cinco de Mayo Friday starting at 5 p.m. with Mexican craft beer and fried oyster tacos.
- The new Taqueria del Barrio in Petworth will host an “All You Can Eat” Cinco de Mayo event Friday starting at 5 pm. Tickets are $65 and include tacos, margaritas, beer, swag and lectures.
- Los Gallos Negros, the District’s in-house mariachi band, will celebrate at two events Friday. They will be at Public Bar on Friday from 6-8pm and then at Haydees Restaurant after 10pm.
- The Forum in Arlington will host a celebration of Latin American culture with food, a live mariachi band, dance entertainment, and more, beginning at 7:30 pm Friday. General admission is $15 and children 10 and under are free.
- Drink the District hosts a two-day festival May 5 and 6 at Canal Park in Southeast DC. Different time slots are available, and include food, mariachis, DJ Julian Rivera, drinks, and Loteria games. Tickets and more details.